Each year the ICCFA gives between 4-7 $1000 scholarships and one $1500 scholarship to students who meet the following criteria and who submit an application.
1. Applicants must maintain full-time status during the Spring 2020 and Fall 2020 semesters at an Illinois community college verified by official transcripts through the end of the Spring 2020 semester and a copy of Fall 2020 registration. Full-time status is defined as enrollment in a minimum of 12 semester hours.
2. Applicants must have completed 30 semester hours by the end of the Spring 2020 semester with a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.5 on a 4point scale. Cumulative GPA must be verified by an official transcript received in a sealed envelope with the registrar’s signature or seal to guarantee authenticity. Only college level work and grades will be considered.
3. Applicant must provide proof of Illinois residency. (Photocopy of Illinois Drivers License or other such document).
4. Applicant must provide a brief statement of his/her academic and personal goals, along with a description of unpaid, voluntary community service and campus activities.
5. Applicant must provide a letter of recommendation, on official college letterhead, from a community college faculty member. The letter should address the candidate’s academic achievement, character, and ability to meet his/her goals.
6. Each application must include the candidate’s complete mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and be signed. All sensitive information (address, etc.) will remain confidential and be viewed only by the members of the ICCFA Scholarship Committee.