The Illinois Community College Faculty Association (ICCFA) is pleased to announce the availability of up to six (6) $1000 scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year. The scholarships will be presented at the annual ICCFA Teaching and Learning Excellence Conference held in East Peoria, Illinois on Friday, November 16 at the Embassy Suites Riverfront.
- Applicants must maintain full-time status during the Spring and Fall semesters of the current year at an Illinois community college verified by official transcripts through the end of the Spring semester and a copy of Fall registration. Full-time status is defined as enrollment in a minimum of 12 semester hours.
- Applicants must have completed 30 semester hours by the end of the Spring semester with a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. Cumulative GPA must be verified by an official transcript received in a sealed envelope with the registrar’s signature or seal to guarantee authenticity. Only college level work and grades will be considered.
- Applicant must provide proof of Illinois residency. (Photocopy of Illinois Drivers License or other such document).
- Applicant must provide a brief statement of his/her academic and personal goals, along with a description of unpaid, voluntary community service and campus activities.
- Applicant must provide a letter of recommendation, on official college letterhead, from a community college faculty member. The letter should address the candidate’s academic achievement, character, and ability to meet his/her goals.
- Each application must include the candidate’s complete mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and be signed. All sensitive information (address, etc.) will remain confidential and be viewed only by the members of the ICCFA Scholarship Committee.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: All materials must be received or postmarked no later than August 1, 2018. Materials received or postmarked after the deadline will not be considered and will be returned to the sender. Send all materials by mail to:
Krista Winters, ICCFA Scholarship Committee Chair
Department of Biology
Spoon River College
23235 North County Highway 22
Canton, Illinois 61520
Please complete the scholarship application: Scholarship application.