What is the Illinois Perkins V State Plan?
The Illinois State Plan for Perkins V details Illinois’ efforts for the administration of the Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act for State Fiscal Years (SFY) 2021-2024 (July 1, 2020- June 30, 2024).
The purpose of the State Plan is to guide the strategic partnership and alignment between the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) and the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) as they administer the federal Perkins program. The plan describes the processes and policies that will be carried out by ISBE, ICCB, and the local education agencies and community colleges who are responsible for local administration of Perkins dollars. Activities within the State Plan aim to achieve the State’s Vision and Goals for creating an educated and skilled workforce, in partnership with many state and local partners.
The Illinois State Perkins Plan, along with a letter from Governor JB Pritzker providing his support, was submitted to the U.S. Department of Education and approved on May 21, 2020! Additionally, the Illinois’ Career and Technical Education plan was among the first to receive federal approval.
Plan and Appendices:
- Illinois State Plan for Perkins V
- Work Group Recommendations
- Summary of Feedback from the Transition Plan Road Shows
- ICCB Grant Monitoring and technical assistance procedures
- Postsecondary Local Application
- Postsecondary Local Application Guidelines
- Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment Template
Translated Versions of the Plan:
- Perkins V Draft 9.12 Arabic final version
- Perkins V Draft 9.12 Polish Final version
- Perkins V Draft 9.12 Spanish Final Version
- Perkins V Draft 9.12 Tagalog Final Version
- Perkins V Draft 9.12 Urudu final version
- Informing the State Plan: Employer Input
- Informing the State Plan: Student Input
- CTE Roadshow, An Intro to Perkins V State Planning Efforts (December 2018), Webinar
- Perkins V State Plan Work Group Meeting (February 2019)
- State Plan Roadshow (Fall 2019)