Home / Forums / Technology and Collaboration / Introduction to Technology for Early Literacy Students

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Denise Roswick

I teach an Early Literacy class. I will start with helping my students to use and access their e-mail accounts. Sending them questions and asking them to respond will help them become more comfortable with e-mail, and can also be used by me as an evaluation of their writing progress. We use Burlington English, and each student has his or her own account to use for independent review work. Additionally, students will be taught how to use Zoom.

Jessica Lynn Henderson

Digital Literacy Ideas: Obviously computer technology is sovereign, so to speak. It is essential and vital to teach computer tech to our students. For example, showing students how to set up a user id and password and an email account empowers our students to take part in our technology – based classroom and world. Students have opportunities to see so many ways to read, listen and learn a new language. Navigating students through the internet to find important things, like maps, medical offices, employment opportunities are other examples.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Introduction to Technology for Early Literacy Students
Your information: