Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Jason Miller

I will create an equitable classroom by getting to know my students’ individual learning preferences so that I can create activities that reflect their unique needs. The ten-minute interview is a great tool that I will use in future classes. This will enable me to better connect with students so that I can meet their needs. In addition, I will design lessons using the Universal Design for Learning approach so that students have numerous ways of receiving information in the classroom. Visual, auditory, and haptic learners should have options in the classroom, and I will be sure to address their preferences. Finally, I want to make sure that I incorporate technology in the classroom so that students of diverse backgrounds can practice accessing and using technology. My students have access to laptops, so I want to be sure that they’re engaged with the different modalities of learning. Ultimately, I understand that there are multiple intelligences/learning styles and I want to create a classroom that recognizes a range of learners and needs. All students deserve equitable classrooms that remove needless barriers to their learning.

Thomas Osgood

For me, equity in the classroom is shown by giving each student the best possible opportunity to learn. That means as an instructor it is my responsibility to understand how each student learns best, any barriers they might have to learning, and how I can utilize my position and my expertise to facilitate an excellent learning environment for them. I hope by the end of a class term, the students can say that their instructor valued them and strived to put them in the best possible position to learn.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Equity in the Classroom
Your information: