Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Joel Gil

In order to promote equity in the classroom or the virtual classroom, I encourage people to open the camera, so I will monitor them in order to determine if the content is boring or difficult to understand for them, and if that happens, I prefer to stop the content for that hour and start reviewing the basic concepts of the subject, so using strategies like direct questions or assigning a mini lab with a couple of questions, I give the necessary time to do the research and after the break, we go over the answers. Everyone participates and all of us together discuss the topic. So, I will get their comments, contributions to the class content, help to close gaps, and finally, answer questions together. The point is not to cover a lot of content, my goal is that every student understands the basic concept of the subject and feels is moving forward with the other students.

Rudy Puente

Promoting features of equity in the classroom is a subtle, but essential priority in ensuring the success of diverse learning audiences. Remaining conscious of the various ascriptive groups within a learning community can help texturize the instructional practices within a learning setting. Identifying the learning modes and styles is crucial means of incorporating multiple formats to assist students as they survey content in meaningful and lasting ways.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Equity in the classroom
Your information: