Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Eiman Hamad

There are so many different ways to incorporate equality and equity in the classroom. As a teacher, I would make sure to arrange the classroom to fit everyones needs, provide an easy way for students to approach me with any of needs or concerns, provide visuals and infographics for all learning needs, and make sure that my classroom is a safe space for people to learn and be heard.

Hannah Meiners

As a teacher it is important that I meet the needs of all my students to do this I need to know them personally and their future goals. Not every student learns the same way therefore I need to differentiate to meet their learning style. Using multi-level worksheets, strategically pairing in groups based on levels or presenting the material in different formats would benefit the students.

Georgina Amaya

I will promote equity and equality by first understanding needs and concerning from my students, so in that way, I can create a specific plan for each one, and try to work one o one sessions when needed. As well, use all the resources that can aid in the process of learning to facilitate the instruction of the class, using all the different learning style aids to catch attention; grouped students so they can work along together and promote support and cooperation between them, so they can solve problems.

Emily

I believe that in order to promote equity well, I must know my students well. It is important to get to know them as individuals and to try to better understand their needs. Once I get to know my students as people and what their goals are, I can help give them the tools to reach those goals. I can make the classroom a place where we are using a variety of different ways of learning and assessment in order to make sure that no one is left behind. And if it feels like there are people that are being left behind, we should promote ways of supporting them and helping them.

Krystina Janus

I have found that it is often necessary to deliver information multiple times and in a variety of ways because invariably there will be someone in class who doesn’t get it the first time it’s delivered, or the second time, or the third time, and it’s counterproductive to say something like, “Well, I already told you…”, because that usually results in the student shutting down. Telling students something without also showing them and also including a way for them to demonstrate their understanding of your message is the least effective method of delivering information.

As a great thinker once said, “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I remember, involve me and I learn.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Equity and Equality
Your information: