Home / Forums / Universal Design for Learning (UDL) / Decade Equity Presentation

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Bonnie Juarez

My advanced ESL students were given a project in which they worked in groups to present a specific decade. They had the choice of PPT or Google Slides. They researched and chose the content which was presented. My role was simply guiding them on layout/font and presentation skills. Each group had people from different countries with different languages. They communicated through texting, email, and in class. This project included many things, working together, creating a preentation, sharing it with each other, communcating and much more. Some of the students struggled with working together. One student had little experience with the presentation tools. I suggested free computer classes. The student did mention that even in her country, presentation were not like this but rather old school methods – not with technology. I was able to answer “yes” to each item in the relfection but hitting on many of the bullets from the UDL Guidelines Chart. What was pretty neat for myself was that we did this project and afterwards, I looked at the chart. I liked to see that I incorporated some things.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Decade Equity Presentation
Your information: