GED candidates who tested on paper-and-pencil in a Cook County GED testing center from 1942 to December 31, 2013, and Cook County residents who tested for GED, HiSET, or TASC on computer after October 1, 2012 will find their record on file with the Cook County HSE Records office. All others, Click Here for Information on how to obtain your records.
To get your Illinois High School Equivalency Certificate or Transcript through the mail, you must:
- Download, print, and complete the Request Form (see below).
- Enclose a cashier’s check or money order payable to ICCB. Do not send cash or personal checks. All fees are non-refundable
- $10.00 per transcript
- $10.00 per certificate
- Send the Request Form, copy of valid photo identification, other supporting documentation (if needed), and payment to the address below.
Illinois Community College Board
James R. Thompson Center
100 W Randolph Street, Suite 2-010
Chicago, Illinois 60601-3219
ATTN: Cook County High School Equivalency Office
Third-Party Transcript Requester must have the following:
- A Cook County HSE request form with the candidate’s wet signature (no electronic signatures). Third-party information completed on the request form’s Section 3: Transcript Recipient for transcript orders only.
- A money order, cashier’s check, or company check for the appropriate amount ($10.00 per transcript) payable to ICCB.
- Send the request form, copy of valid photo identification (i.e. Driver’s License, State ID, Passport), other supporting documentation (if needed) and payment to the address on the form
Certificate and transcripts will be issued in the name used during testing. We do not email or fax any certificates and/or transcripts. Turnaround time is 2 to 3 weeks from the time we receive the request. If the Request Form is incomplete (i.e. missing candidate’s signature, etc.), there is no fee or incorrect payment, all paperwork will be returned to the sender for revision and resubmission.
GED, HiSET, or TASC Verification
For a GED, HiSET, or TASC Verification Letter only, contact the Cook County HSE Records office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All verification requests must include:
- Name at the time of testing,
- Date of birth,
- Identification Number (GED/HiSET/TASC identification number OR last four digits of Social Security Number)
- Name of test center where the exam was taken, and
- Completion date.
Third-Parties requesting verifications must send a release form, signed by the candidate, authorizing the Cook County High School Equivalency (HSE) Records Office to release records to the third party. The turnaround time is 24 to 72 hours. The signed release form must have the candidate’s current name, the name used at time of testing, identification number, and date of birth. We will only send a verification of completion; GED/HiSET/TASC test scores will not be available. Transcripts of test scores must be requested through the mail. Instructions for ordering through the mail are outlined above.