GED candidates who tested on paper-and-pencil in a Cook County GED testing center from 1942 to December 31, 2013, and Cook County residents who tested for GED, HiSET, or TASC on computer after October 1, 2012 will find their record on file with the Cook County HSE Records office. All others, Click Here for Information on how to obtain your records.
To get your State of Illinois High School Diploma or Transcript through the mail, you must:
- Download, print, and complete the Request Form (see below).
- Enclose a cashier’s check or money order payable to ICCB. Do not send cash or personal checks. All fees are non-refundable
- $10.00 per transcript
- $10.00 per diploma
- Copy of government-issued photo ID. Current and valid government-issued ID is required. Requests will not be processed without a copy of photo ID.
Send the Request Form, copy of valid photo identification, other supporting documentation (if needed), and payment to the address below:
Illinois Community College Board
Attn: Cook County HSE Records Office
555 W Monroe St Fl 6 Ste 600-S
Chicago, Illinois 60661
Processing time is 2 to 3 weeks from the time we receive the request. If the Request Form is incomplete (i.e. missing candidate’s signature, etc.), wrong fee or incorrect forms of payment, all paperwork will be returned to the sender for revision and resubmission.
Third-Party Transcript Requester must have the following:
- A Cook County HSE request form with the candidate’s wet signature (no electronic signatures). Third-party information completed on the request form’s Section 3: Diploma Recipient Address for diploma and/or Section 4: Transcript Recipient Address for transcript.
- A money order, cashier’s check, or company check for the appropriate amount payable to ICCB.
- Copy of government-issued photo id. Current and valid government-issued photo ID is required. Requests will not be processed without a copy of photo ID.
Send the request form, copy of valid photo identification (i.e. Driver’s License, State ID, Passport), other supporting documentation (if needed) and payment to the address given above. We do not email or fax any diplomas and/or transcripts. Turnaround time is 2 to 3 weeks from the time we receive the request. If the Request Form is incomplete (i.e. missing candidate’s signature, etc.), wrong fee or incorrect forms of payment, all paperwork will be returned to the sender for revision and resubmission.
GED, HiSET, or TASC Verification
For a GED, HiSET, or TASC Verification Letter only, contact the Cook County HSE Records office via email at ICCB.CookHSE@Illinois.gov.
All verification requests must include:
- Name at the time of testing,
- Date of birth,
- Identification Number (GED/HiSET/TASC identification number OR last four digits of Social Security Number)
- Name of test center where the exam was taken, and
- Completion date.
Third Parties requesting verifications must send a release form, signed by the candidate, authorizing the Cook County High School Equivalency (HSE) Records Office to release records to the third party. Verification request take approximately 1-3 days to process. If a third-party release form is needed, click here to download the Authorization for Disclosure of HSE Test Information for Cook County HSE Records.